The “Season of Black Art” series explodes amid vibrant fall colors in October 2023 to run through February 2024 celebrating Black Creativity and Culture.
Free Music, Dance, Theatre, Art, & Food Celebrating Black San Francisco
Be part of the Artistic Activation of the African American Art & Culture Complex
Photo by Christopher Burch @ goyagoon.com
The Season of Black Art celebrates CommUNITY!…Our Beautiful Blackness, Vibrance, Opulence, and Resilience. The Season of Black Art celebrates the Re-Opening of the African American Art and Culture Complex and the incredible DreamKeepers.
The AAACC incubated cohorts of artists and entrepreneurs. Now is their moment to shine during the new art series, The Season of Black Art (SOBA), to be held from October through February 2024!
The Season of Black Art Celebrates the over 100 artists participating in the African American Art and Culture Complex’s Enterprising Creatives Cohort Initiative. Join us in celebrating the accomplished artists of today and the future @ the African American Art and Culture Complex for the launch of the Season of Black Art on October 29, 1:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
Black Art Symposium | Saturday, February 10, 2024 (4:30-10 pm)
The Season of Black Art Symposium is a celebration of the AAACC as a home for Black Culture, a creative hub in the Fillmore, and a holder of our past, present and future. The Symposium includes:
- A Networking Hour for Black Artists & Creatives
- Conversation on Trauma-Informed Funding for Black Artists with Ashley Smiley
- Conversation on Authorship & Ownership of Creative Works with Crystal Mason,
- A Creative Vision of the past, present and future of the AAACC with Special Guests Joan Tarika Lewis and Veronica Blair, AAACC YBCA Creative Corps Members.
- Say It Loud Fashion Show produced by Mario B Productions
Attendees can contribute to the Black Dreams Archive, and Marcel Sanchez will be taking portraits of Black Artists & Creatives.